Kindergarten - 5 Year Olds
Palisades Kindergarten Program is renowned for providing children with the tools they need for reading, writing and reasoning. It also helps prepare children for the future by offering a variety of formal learning events and challenges they will experience in the years to come. Children work together in small groups to develop their problem-solving abilities and social skills, while simultaneously enhancing independent thinking.
The Kindergarten Program (8:45 am - 2:45 pm) is comprised of a stimulating and challenging curriculum. Children are given constant support and are encouraged to reach their “potential” while increasing their attention span and developing solid work habits.
Teachers work with students on a one-to-one basis. Palisade’s low student-to-teacher ratio allows consistent communication, helping each child to:
• Development beyond fundamental reading, writing, and math skills
• Practice and reinforce learning through games, manipulative materials, media and the creative arts – all typically perceived by children as “play”
• Strengthen reading skills by reading independently, and being read to, from an array of children’s literature and non-fiction titles
• Fortify reading capabilities through repeated practice of letters and sounds in addition to the introduction of “beginning level” reading books. Children are also encouraged to write in a “free-flow” manner, without concerning themselves with correct spelling and punctuation (The Writing Process)
• Learn about the world around them with a theme-based, integrated approach to social studies and science. This enables students to see the subtle connections across the curriculum and use newly acquired skills to learn more about plants, animals, the seasons, water, important holidays, and so much more.