In addition to our full and rich classroom programs we offer many weekly and monthly specials including:
- Language Lab – Spanish: introduces colors, numbers, holidays, etc.
- Sports: a certified coach helps children learn teamwork, the skills necessary to play an assortment of sports activities and team spirit all while developing their gross motor skills
- Music: children learn about famous composers, the orchestra, a variety of instruments, melody, harmony, rhythm and pitch
- Creative Movement: includes yoga, gymnastics, Zumba and physical education encourages freedom of expression and creativity.
- Library: where the director reads to the children in the warmth of our school library
- Science and Nature Classes: teaches about the world around us
- “Meet the Masters”: an art appreciation program that introduces famous artists and their styles
- Character Education and Manners: provide the children with personality characteristics and values that will last a life-time
- Computer Technology: utilizes computers combined with a “Smart TV” making the lessons come to life
- Nutrition: teaches the children how to make healthy food choices through cooking and of course, tasting
After-school enrichment classes are offered. Sessions are 45 minutes long over a 12 week period. Classes offered vary but may include: Tae Kwon Do, sports, cooking, art, math and reading readiness.
We have been successfully using “Handwriting without Tears,” introducing children to the basics of handwriting skills. The children become more confident in their ability to learn to write, with constant encouragement and exploration.