- To give the child time to grow.
- To help the child develop a strong sense of self – to allow him to “blossom from within.”
- To provide an environment rich in equipment and materials, where experiences are direct and concrete, to build the foundation for later, more abstract experiences.
- To provide movement experiences for development of physical and motor skills.
- To promote growth in visual, auditory, and tactual perception … to sharpen the senses.
- To provide an opportunity to learn and practice patterning of all kinds… visual, auditory, and kinesthetic.
- To provide listening activities.
- To provide many and varied opportunities for oral expression.
- To build a foundation for sophisticated math concepts through manipulation of concrete materials.
- To build a foundation for chemistry, physics and biology, through discovery and play with blocks, and natural materials such as water and sand.
- To help the child relate to others socially and to be a part of a group.
- To help the child develop problem-solving techniques.
- To promote creative expression through art, dance, music, cooking, story telling.
- To help the child develop the habit of success.
We are a school that encourages each and every child to develop and grow to their full potential at their own pace.