- To give the child time to grow.
- To help the child develop a strong sense of self – to allow him to “blossom from within.”
- To provide an environment rich in equipment and materials, where experiences are direct and concrete, to build the foundation for later, more abstract experiences.
- To provide movement experiences for development of physical and motor skills.
- To promote growth in visual, auditory, and tactual perception … to sharpen the senses.
- To provide an opportunity to learn and practice patterning of all kinds… visual, auditory, and kinesthetic.
- To provide listening activities.
- To provide many and varied opportunities for oral expression.
- To build a foundation for sophisticated math concepts through manipulation of concrete materials.
- To build a foundation for chemistry, physics and biology, through discovery and play with blocks, and natural materials such as water and sand.
- To help the child relate to others socially and to be a part of a group.
- To help the child develop problem-solving techniques.
- To promote creative expression through art, dance, music, cooking, story telling.
- To help the child develop the habit of success.
- We are a school that encourages each and every child to develop and grow to their full potential at their own pace.
Learning is a way of life. For every child it is as natural as the need to eat and sleep. Here at Palisades, we continue to provide your child with a stimulating atmosphere in which the learning equipment that they are born with may be allowed to flourish in an environment offering realistic goals and appropriate challenges.
Our schools, with admiration and respect, have incorporated some of the best ideas from the world renowned “Bank Street School” in New York City, and at present, incorporating many of the learning techniques used in the “Reggio Emilia” classrooms originated in Reggio Emilia, Italy. Our main goal is to provide meaningful, integrated, and humanistic approaches to learning and education. We feel that we have accomplished this successfully.
Our summer camp exists exclusively for the young child, 2-9 years of age. Our aim is to nurture and develop each child’s potential during a stimulating and fun filled summer. We have created a relaxed environment where campers feel comfortable. Our small group size and excellent camper to counselor ratio ensures the fostering of each camper’s emotional, social and physical needs. After a summer at Palisades, campers will feel a sense of accomplishment, importance and independence, which in turn builds strong self-esteem.
Young children learn through play and by actually using all of their senses to explore and discover. Natural learners, they are curious about the world around them. Activities that encourage gross and fine motor skills are part of our children’s daily experiences. We encourage children to vocalize their feelings, to use words to express themselves whenever possible, and to promote play and respect for one another.
We offer each of our children a safe, secure, and developmentally appropriate environment that stimulates creativity and fosters intellectual growth. New scientific research indicates the intellectual life of a child cannot be separated from the other areas of development. Social, emotional and physical growth is integral to the young child’s ability to learn.
Our goal is to provide a meaningful and integrated approach to education. Natural learners, young children are curious about the world around them. They use their senses to explore and discover. Activities that utilize large and fine motor skills are part of the children’s daily experiences. We encourage children to express themselves while promoting respect for one another.
Parents bring to us the most precious possession in their lives – their child. They come to us trusting that their child will be cared for in a safe, educational and loving environment. We enable each child to experience the joy of discovery as they move from the safety of home and family to that of our school. Our parents tell us that one of the things they love most about our school is that their children love coming to school each day!