Having a choice of the perfect environment for your child is important, which is why Palisades offers parents a variety of PRE-K classes from which to choose. Classes are designed to enrich both the mind and character of every student – providing individualized approaches to learning within an environment rich in fun, phonics, language instruction and self-esteem building activities.
Half Day: 8:45 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. or 12:30 – 3:00 p.m.
- A well-rounded program featuring specialized learning centers for children eager and ready to participate in organized learning situations. Mindful of the skills necessary at each developmental level, the teacher and teacher’s assistant work with individual children, small groups, and the whole group at different times during the day.
- Promotes language concept, mathematical and scientific thinking, artistic expression
- Challenges each child’s developmental capacities while allowing them enough time to practice newly acquired language, math, and science skills
- Provides opportunity to freely express ideas through dramatic play, block-building, storytelling and story creation, music, and creative arts
- With a mix of teacher-directed and child-selected activities, children learn to make choices, collaborate with peers and become a part of a classroom community.
- Enhances higher order thinking skills through a “learning-through-problem solving” approach
- Promotes creative expression, socialization, and independence through structured and unstructured activity participation
Full Day: 8:45 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.
- Highly academic and developmental in nature, our Full Day Program provides an enriched environment focused on reading, math, writing and scientific principles. Using a creative approach to learning, students are involved in an exciting variety of learning centers designed to promote cognitive, artistic, physical, social, and emotional development. Teachers work with children on an individual basis so that they are able to learn at their own speed and gain maximum benefit from the full day curriculum.
- Strengthens comprehension, decoding, and writing skills through storytelling, puppets, dramatizations and bookmaking
- Exposes children to literacy and reading skill development (whole language and phonics-based) through an extensive language program
- Enhances reasoning and observations skills with daily, age-appropriate science and math activities
Children learn at their own speed to:
- Strengthen comprehension
- Decode and acquire writing skills through; storytelling, puppets, dramatizations and bookmaking
- Develop literacy and reading skills using whole language and phonics-based methods
- Use enhanced reasoning and observation skills with daily age appropriate science and math activities